Hands & Voices is dedicated to supporting families with children who are Deaf or hard of hearing without bias around communication opportunities, agencies they work with or services their children receive. We are a parent-driven and led non-profit organization providing families with the resources, networks, and information they need to improve communication access and educational outcomes for their children. Our outreach activities, parent/professional collaboration, and advocacy efforts are focused on enabling Deaf and hard of hearing children to reach their highest potential.
Hands & Voices does not promote specific communication opportunities, but we have information about them and can connect families or professionals to other organizations.
- We all want the best for our children who are Deaf or hard of hearing.
- We need parent-to-parent support so we do not feel alone on this journey.
- We deserve respect and honor for our role as parents/families.
- We require a beneficial, successful educational experience for our kids.
- We need factual information from a wide variety of sources.
- We want to know about opportunities and resources.
- We need educational opportunities to become effective advocates for our kids.
- We are stronger united by our common interests than divided by differing communication opportunities.
- We must lend our organized support to all kinds of efforts that promote our common interests--strength in numbers!